28927Re: SCELBI PCBs on order

  • Mike
    Jan 11, 2013
      awesome,

      I should have boards in about 2 weeks - still have to find many of the parts, but I think I have the hard ones (8008 and 1101) - most of the rest is pretty conventional 74xx series. The original units used a zener in a funky package for over voltage protection, witch I doubt can be found very easily, but there are modern equivalents. watch my blog as details unfold

      Also I've promised Evan that MARCH will get a set of bare boards for free. It will be up to MARCH to find the parts and build it up into a museum piece.

      www.willegal.net/blog

      regards,
      Mike W.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" wrote:

      > > On 01/11/2013 09:06 AM, Mike wrote:
      > > > I excited to announce that I've ordered a batch of reproduction SCELBI
      > PCBs. This will enable building of a batch of reproduction SCELBI 8Hs.
      > There is still a lot of work to do before a basic system is operational,
      > but this is a major milestone in an effort that was started in earnest
      > about 15 months ago.
      > > >
      > > > Once the basic 8H is working there is untold opportunities for follow
      > on projects, including;
      > > >
      > > > 1) reproduction chassis - although it looks bare bones, I'm pretty sure
      > the original production chassis were custom built to SCELBI specifications
      > and not modified off the shelf chassis.
      > > > 2) cassette interface
      > > > 3) TTY interface
      > > > 4) oscilloscope interface
      > > > 5) SCELBI 8B (4 additional/different PCBs required)
      > > > 6) 2 varieties of power supplies
      > >
      > > Please put me down for a set!
      > >

      > Me, too boss!
      >
      > Bill Degnan