28914Re: InfoAge power update

  • Jeff Jonas
    Jan 10, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, joshbensadon wrote:
      > I think the Vintage Computer Museum needs a nice
      > steam powered generator.

      We'll have to collaborate with Dan Lieb for that:
      the shipwreck museum collabortes with the
      Pine Creek Railroad, so a steam locomotive is POSSIBLE
      but we'd have to put it on a treadmill to generate electricity.

      > How many MIPs can you get from 1 cord of wood?

      Ack! The smoke and ash and soot!
      Check vintage-ads for the clear advantages of
      clean burning ANTHRICITE coal!
      I'm unusure if we can get samples from the
      Anthricite Museum in PA.

      Even then, a cluster of new low-power microcontrollers
      will beat big-iron for MIPS-per-watt :-/

      *shudders* at the thought of a heap-o-Arduinos