      From: corey986
      Sent: ‎January‎ ‎8‎, ‎2013 ‎12‎:‎42‎ ‎PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Re: Altair 8800 Web Emulator

      Can we set it to 8,n,1 or it is fixed at two stop bits.  No big deal, we can simply put something inbetween to "echo" the data between the two removing the stop bit and maybe changing the rate from 110.  I have to investigate changing the briel from 9600 to 110 baud.  The idea would be to get people to enjoy the fun of toggling in the boot loader and then watching basic load.

      I think we are on to something that would be fun for the public, but not risk any real "vintage" stuff" since we would need a MARCH member to actually feed and run the teletype (the real vintage deal).

      Let's really think about this and maybe make it a group project for VCF.

      Cheers,
      Corey

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein  wrote:

      > On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 11:34:05AM -0500, B. Degnan wrote:
      > > The teletype in the museum was converted to rs232.  I don't know if it was
      > > also upgraded to a baud faster than 110 8/n/2.  It should be possible to
      > > punch a tape of BASIC from the web to the modified machine's punch, and
      > > then load basic directly from the tape.  You'd need an absolute loader in
      > > ROM or on tape as well.  You could use a switch box to hop over to a glass
      > > terminal after the tape loads.
      > >
      > Its still 110. It was reported that the punch was jamming so if someone
      > wants to use is for a demo we should check it out at the next work day.
      > I think its only being used as a static exhibit right now.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)