28832Re: [midatlanticretro] No museum workdays anytime soon

  • Jason Howe
    Jan 4, 2013
      Don't want to step on any toes -- but if it's easier, I have a brand new
      3Kw generator which was purchased for and then used during the Sandy
      aftermath. It probably has less than 50 hours on it. I'm only an hour
      or so away from InfoAge in North Jersey. So, logistically it might be
      easier than getting Dave's unit out here. March can have it on loan
      until power is restored at InfoAge.

      It's more than capable of running a bunch of lights (and a fridge and a
      boiler burner).

      It's also easily rolled/carried by one person -- and will fit in the
      back of my wife's 9-3 ;)

      On 01/04/2013 02:52 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
      >> there. If the generator can get to that vicinity, I would pick it up
      >> as an excuse to visit the family and bring it to Infoage. I have a
      >> towable trailer on which carry the generator.
      >> Excellent!
      >> Paging Mike Loewen and anyone else in central PA -- please help us
      >> get this generator from the other side of your state.
      >> This is a golden opportunity for MARCH to get a bunch of warehouse
      >> work done without the short-term pressure of staffing our museum or
      >> VCF breathing down our neck.
      > As a bonus, it was just thoroughly serviced and given a clean bill of
      > health a few weeks ago, by someone I trust. (I had let it sit too long
      > with bad gas in it..)
      > -Dave
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic