28825Re: [midatlanticretro] No museum workdays anytime soon

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Jan 4, 2013
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 01/04/2013 01:53 PM, evan@... wrote:
      >> Talked with Fred just now. He said it's fine if MARCH wants to bring
      >> in our own generator for lighting our warehouse on workdays. He said
      >> we have to promise to use common sense about that. I told him we'd
      >> try but it is sparse. :)
      >
      > ;)
      >
      >> Dave M.: are you saying we can use yours on long-term loan if we can
      >> get it here?
      >
      > Yes. I no longer have a vehicle that can carry it.
      >
      >> I suggest a chain gang. Someone get it from Pittsburgh to the neat
      >> nearest place. Then someone else get it toward Mike L. in the Penn
      >> State area. Then someone else ... Etc. ... Until it's near enough for
      >> me to get it to InfoAge. I can take Alise's SUV out to the
      >> Allentown/Bethlehem area.
      >>
      >> Seeing as it could be weeks/months before we have regular power, I'd
      >> hate to let the issue of transit stop us from making good use of all
      >> those free Sundays.
      >
      > Sounds good to me.

      I'm originally from the Allentown/Bethlehem (Lehigh Valley) area (a tiny
      little town I'm sure nobody here has ever heard of) and still have family
      there. If the generator can get to that vicinity, I would pick it up as
      an excuse to visit the family and bring it to Infoage. I have a towable
      trailer on which carry the generator. If this unit is anywhere as heavy
      as mine (~250lbs), it'll be a real bear to lift into an SUV and it would
      be much simpler to roll onto my trailer.