28808Re: [midatlanticretro] Has anyone seen one of these in the wild

  • William Donzelli
    Jan 3, 2013
      > I was watching a Bell Labs video last night and saw this terminal, it is
      > IBM and looks to be based on a wide carriage Selectric.
      >
      > Has anyone ever seen one of these or used them or more importantly has
      > anyone EVER seen one for sale?

      Yes, a surplus place out West had them recently, but they are gone
      now. They were purchased mostly for engineering firms, I think, for
      annotating drawings. I have an earlier model B with a very wide
      carriage, as part of the IBM 870 system.

      --
      Will
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic