28777Re: [midatlanticretro] Update re: InfoAge electrical power

  • evan@snarc.net
    Dec 29, 2012
      >> Is this a long term thing?

      As I understand it, the issue -- which Fred etc. are just starting to address -- is who'll pay. A modern transformer, etc., can cost tens of thousands of dollars. So, yes, it could be a couple of months. I am optimistic that's "at worst". In the meantime, we can look at it as a vacation from museum-operating duty, and an opportunity to get things done in storage. Ironically, some InfoAge people raised the issue of closing for Jan./Feb. anyhow so everyone can work on museum projects, but the proposal was voted down.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic