28761RK05s, was Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: What tech toys did you get for the holidays?

  • Stephen L
    Dec 27, 2012
      Hi Bill,

      > Fortunately I have 4 RK05's for my 8e (two original packs, and
      > copies of the two). I wish I had spares for you, but I would be
      > happy to make you a boot disk if you send me your new pack. I have
      > the system set up and ready to go, I am in Landenberg, PA.

      --- Awesome systems! Geez, I would really appreciate that. It would save a major hassle in trying to build OS/8 from paper tape images. Prior to that, having a known good disk to read would also facilitate drive/controller hardware debugging. I won't have an alignment cart, so this drive might not initially align with your tracks. However, I'm optimistic that I can work out a way to align to those tracks.

      Athana said that some of their staff is out for the holidays, so the disks won't ship until next week. There's a week transit from CA and perhaps a couple days to PA, so it might be Jan. 15th before I can get it to you.

      There's plenty of work to do here, refurbishing the RK05, making H851-type top connectors and such, not to mention finding an M7105. All good fun. Love playing with the toys :)

      Thanks, Steve

      PS: I'm still looking for a second RK05 drive, in case you hear of any available.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic