28752Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: What tech toys did you get for the holidays?

  • Kyle Owen
    Dec 26, 2012
      On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM, joshbensadon <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > I treated myself to a completely non-functional ADM-3 terminal. It's a load

      Very cool! I guess I was lucky, my terminal only had a dirty brightness pot. It also needs a screen glass job, but it's not so bad, so I'll hold off for now.

      :)

      Lucky indeed! The screen restoration is really easy. Stinky, but easy. I would recommend my method of hot glue to glue the glass plate onto the CRT, since you can get the original spacing correct such that reassembly doesn't leave a large gap between the case and the glass. That is, if you do have plans to get around to it at all.

      Odd thing; I bought what was advertised as an ADM-3A, and when it arrived, it turns out it's just an old -3. I guess that means no cursor commands or lowercase for me. :(
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic