28626Re: [midatlanticretro] off topic- how to hand terminate ribbon cable

  • Mike Hatch
    Dec 14, 2012
      Hi,

      I usually split it into it's individual cores, and then use an old pair
      of cutters with a small "nick" in the jaws to strip each core, gently !.

      Or do you need to strip it as a ribbon of 10 in one go ?, then I use a
      proprietary wire stripper with the multi section jaws that "form" around
      a wire, in that case they just strip all the cores at once. This type
      (line wrap) -

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001K9W58/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9557926269&ref=asc_df_B0001K9W58

      Mike.

      On 14/12/2012 15:24, Ben Greenfield wrote:
      > Hey All,
      >
      > Not exactly on topic but I feel the skills represented on this list
      > maybe the finest on the internet for answering this question.
      >
      > I have 10 pin ribbon cable that I want to terminate I will only need to
      > do it 10 times so if its's laborious.
      >
      > I have tried 3 variations of stripping the wires and using a hammer and
      > block of wood. I'm now ready for some advice if anyone has got some.
      >
      > Ben

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic