28573Linotype, was Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Re: Analog Computers - General- Navy Computer- linotype

  • joshbensadon
    Dec 10, 2012

      > I helped rescue a linotype for the System Source vintage computer
      > collection
      > vintagecomputer.net/linotype/
      >
      > I had to disassemble to get into my car, took five trips. It took me
      > almost two hours to re-assemble and run a few test prints. More
      > complicated that they look.
      >
      > Bill

      That must have been a lot of fun. Did you have to make many notes on how things were disassembled?

      I was just a kid when I went with my dad to move one of these, so I don't remember much. But when I was watching the Linotype film with my dad, he went on to give me all kinds of details regarding tricks and pitfalls during re-assembly of these machines.

      Two hours to reassemble? That's not long at all! I guess it depends on how much was disassembled?

      Good to see guys here with ink and metal in their blood!
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic