28517Re: Stuff Bill is Brining

  • s100doctor
    Dec 8, 2012

      > > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
      > > > this writing
      > > >
      > > > probably more as space allows.
      > > >
      > > > Bill
      > That was my typo, sorry. I was thinking Q bus, but typed OMNIBUS. Oops!
      > These are all the 4 connector Q bus except the one M8190 I think which is a
      > half card.

      Thanks for correcting this. I was annoyed you were bringing Omnibus cards when I have a PDP-8/F to restore....
      > Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
      > I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
      > original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
      > invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
      > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
      > Bill

      A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

      Its' an interesting exercise in "provenance" to claim a DEC card came from a particular router that was used in a particular early system. YOur "proof" I imagine would be, if you could identify the Ethernet address of the card, and show an Ethernet address for one of those Fuzzball routers. Where and how that E-address is documented, you'll have to determine.

      The router "box" or cabinet with a U of D sticker and other identifying information, that would be in my causal opinion a better "provenance".

      I'm not calling this stuff out to be clever, I'm making a point and helping you establish your "claim".

      Herb Johnson
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic