28449Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Cheap Bit Banger's Calculator

  • Neil Cherry
    Dec 6, 2012
      On 12/06/2012 11:48 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:
      > On 12/06/2012 09:28 AM, Burning Image wrote:
      > > All this talk of RPN is making me miss my HP-97 of many, many years ago...
      >
      > Wow, very cool. Most people opted for the handheld version, the 67.
      >
      > I have two 97s (I have a biggish collection of HP calculators) and
      > would be willing to part with one for the right deal. I can bring it
      > with me when I come to your place this weekend. Let me know if you
      > wanna talk turkey.

      I still have my first HP, the HP28s (or c but I think it's the s).
      I won't let it go (though the battery compartment is broke, a common
      flaw on the 28). The 28 can do 'normal math' but RPN is so much easier

      That said, I always have my phone and my tablets around so I just use
      them with droid48 (x48). On my Linux box I have a command line version
      of a rpl calculator (based on the hp28). I downloaded it from
      comp.sources.misc and I've had it ever since (C portable code good!).

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog