28445Re: [midatlanticretro] PS/2s and Festivus

  • evan@snarc.net
    Dec 6, 2012
      >> I just recently joined the group, this is my first post to the list I think. I've been lurking a few weeks and I really like what I have seen here.

      Welcome to MARCH.

      >> could somebody please post a reminder summary about the basics of Festivus? (Where/when/etc.) It
      sounds like a great time.

      The "Vintage Computer Festivus" is our club's holiday party, vs. the "Vintage Computer Festival" ("VCF") which is our big public convention each spring.

      This year's Festivus is this weekend at our museum -- the InfoAge Science Center, 2201 Marconi Rd., Wall, NJ, 07719. It starts around lunchtime on Saturday, 12/8, and ends whenever people leave Sunday afternoon. Staying over is allowed; if so you should bring a sleeping bag, towel, etc. (we have a few beds here, but not enough for everyone; there is a shower -- and never leave home without a towel.)

      MARCH is providing food basics and non-alcoholic beverages. Everyone contributes $10, and many people choose to bring additional food / drink, including hard drinks.

      The party is very informal. Burgers, beer, computers, videogames, bad movies.

      When you arrive, and pull into the main lot, we'll be in the small building to the right, just inside the gate.

      If you somehow can't find us then call me: 646-546-9999.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic