28430Re: [midatlanticretro] Cheap Bit Banger's Calculator

    Dec 5, 2012
      On 12/05/2012 04:17 PM, Neil Cherry wrote:
      > I don't know if you have an Android phone or not but for the Android phone
      > there is Droid48 (HP48 from the x48 project). I have this on my phone and
      > tablets. I suspect there should be one for the Apple products too. And it's
      > free. It's usually easier to find than any one of my hand held calculators.
      > Though I now find that I now can't do anything more than simple calculations
      > on anything other than an RPN calculator.

      I use i48 and i48CX on my iPhone. They're both wonderful.

      I too am an RPN-head. I haven't used an algebraic calculator in
      probably 25 years. I don't find them usable at all. The way we're
      taught "how to do math" in 2nd-3rd grade (or so) is OH so
      inefficient...and that crap gets ingrained in our brains. Ugh.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ