28427Re: [midatlanticretro] Cheap Bit Banger's Calculator

  • Neil Cherry
    Dec 5, 2012
      On 12/05/2012 03:52 PM, Burning Image wrote:
      > FYI - I had to pick up something from the local (South Jersey) Rite Aid this afternoon
      > and noticed a cheap scientific calculator for $9.49. Closer examination revealed it
      > could do BIN/OCT/HEX math, too. No [2nd FUNC] for ROR or ROL, but at less than $10,
      > the price seemed right for one of my my tool cases.

      Divide by 10, multiply by 10 ;-)

      > Yeah - I have apps for my iWhatevers, but sometimes a standalone device is nice, too.

      I don't know if you have an Android phone or not but for the Android phone
      there is Droid48 (HP48 from the x48 project). I have this on my phone and
      tablets. I suspect there should be one for the Apple products too. And it's
      free. It's usually easier to find than any one of my hand held calculators.
      Though I now find that I now can't do anything more than simple calculations
      on anything other than an RPN calculator.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog