28417Re: [midatlanticretro] Festivus, moving, etc

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Dec 3, 2012
      On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 12/03/2012 02:00 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote: >> As to
      >Festivus activities...This will be my first Festivus, so I don't >> know
      >the overall flavor. I have little (read "zero") interest in games, >>
      >and not a whole lot of interest in bad movies, but if anyone wants to >
      >> Then you and I have, at least, two things in common.
      > At least!
      >>> bring along (say) a PDP-11 or VAX to get operational, I'm always up
      >for >> that and can bring supplies. I can bring a Qbus SCSI host
      >adapter, >> CDROM drive, and VMS CDs, for example, if you have a Qbus
      >VAX that needs >> to get running. I have lots of stuff here, and I'm
      >intimately familiar >> with nearly all of it...let me know how I can be
      >a useful resource. > > We'll have to talk about your cache of DEC stuff.
      > I'm not interested in > obtaining any as I've spent years trying to
      >divest myself of old kit but > it would be interesting to discuss
      > Sounds great! DECtalk (the activity, not the speech synthesizer) is
      >good for the soul, at least for people like us.

      Well, I do have DECtalks too. DTC01 and 2 fully (8) populated DTC03s.

      The voice of Stephen Hawking is always fun at parties.

      I'll be bringing an Atari 1040STF (with color monitor), an Amiga 1000, and I'm not sure what else.

      I'll see what calls out to me to be traded.

      - Alex
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic