28407Re: [midatlanticretro] Festivus, moving, etc

    Dec 3, 2012
      On 12/03/2012 11:50 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
      >> As to Festivus activities...This will be my first Festivus, so I
      >> don't know the overall flavor. I have little (read "zero")
      >> interest in games, and not a whole lot of interest in bad movies,
      >> but if anyone wants to bring along (say) a PDP-11 or VAX to get
      >> operational, I'm always up for that and can bring supplies. I
      >> can bring a Qbus SCSI host adapter, CDROM drive, and VMS CDs, for
      >> example, if you have a Qbus VAX that needs to get running. I
      >> have lots of stuff here, and I'm intimately familiar with nearly
      >> all of it...let me know how I can be a useful resource.
      >
      > Maybe I will bring my pdp 11/40 power supply. I bought most of the
      > parts I need to fix, I just have to install them, but I could use
      > an expert eye to advise. We're not "supposed" to be working at the
      > festivus, but a eeny-weeny power supply repair should be OK. And
      > it's fun for me at least :-)

      Ahh I was unaware of the "not supposed to be working" part.

      While I occasionally make money with PDP-11s and VAXen, my efforts
      with them are largely recreational in nature. Surely that must count
      for something. ;) If that would be allowed, I would be happy to work
      on that power supply with you.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ