28402RE: [midatlanticretro] Festivus, moving, etc

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Dec 3, 2012
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      > As to Festivus activities...This will be my first Festivus, so I don't
      >know the overall flavor. I have little (read "zero") interest in games,
      >and not a whole lot of interest in bad movies, but if anyone wants to

      Then you and I have, at least, two things in common.

      >bring along (say) a PDP-11 or VAX to get operational, I'm always up for
      >that and can bring supplies. I can bring a Qbus SCSI host adapter,
      >CDROM drive, and VMS CDs, for example, if you have a Qbus VAX that needs
      >to get running. I have lots of stuff here, and I'm intimately familiar
      >with nearly all of it...let me know how I can be a useful resource.

      We'll have to talk about your cache of DEC stuff. I'm not interested in
      obtaining any as I've spent years trying to divest myself of old kit but
      it would be interesting to discuss nonetheless.

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic