      Thanks for the perspective. I guess the order they would run would
      be dictated by the order which they are known to run best. Could be
      tough to fit a chain of emulators in an order where the one is known
      to run well with the other. Of course all the emulators would actually be running
      on one host machine which has emulators written for each old platform.

      There would be some hope that multi cores would somehow come to bear on
      helping the execution of the various machines... if the different emulators could
      be separated into processes that could migrate to other cores. I don't have any
      real experience here to know if that could be arranged. I hoping but intuitively I'm
      think the whole chain would be in one process without mods to the emulators, which
      would would be a big pain. Otherwise it would seem to me the layers of emulators
      would seem to have to interprocess communicate.

      Well it is a curiosity. I hope there might be some interesting thoughts expressed.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic