28343Re: Repair of MARCH Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard

  • joshbensadon
    Nov 30, 2012

      > I am working on getting MARCH’s Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard working again. There were some keys that were not working.

      Hi, I have a 2001 in my repair queue. I don't know if the keyboard needs any attention, but I would suggest using some aluminum tape? Or use that product for $9.99. Or, you can also get Silver PCB Repair pen. It deposits silver and drys to a conductive trace. If I had the time, I could try it on my system as I have one of these pens. I also have used the rubber keypad repair, I doubt it will work for you. I suspect the rubber is too far gone. The keypad repair kit is a limited fix.

      PS. If you do have to buy 3 units of $9.99. I would be happy to pay and take 1 off your hands, but you must wait until I visit VCF East in the spring.

      Regards,
      Josh
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic