28339Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Fw: [infoage] Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

    Nov 30, 2012
      On 11/30/2012 01:31 AM, Douglas wrote:
      >>> See below (from the InfoAge staff/volunteers list).
      >>
      >>> http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)
      >>
      >> Nice racey picture (Bikini) on one of the computers. I'm surprised AT&T
      >> let that slip.
      >
      > I may not recognize all the equipment, but I believe the classic
      > retro bikini parts belong to Raquel Welch.

      That's some excellent classic hardware.

      We use our old hardware for enjoyment, but it's also still useful for
      real practical applications. Stupid people say things like "but there's
      newer stuff out there!" as if that really means "newer" is automatically
      "better". A lot of the time it just isn't the case.

      Fortunately for us, we think for ourselves, and can find vast
      enjoyment, and even get some real work done, using awesome classic
      hardware like this. It's enjoyable, it's practical (though possibly
      only barely so), and it's Just Plain Fun.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ