28325Re: Theft of Claude Kagan's Intel MCB8-10

  • jack.rubin@ameritech.net
    Nov 30, 2012
      I visited Claude several years ago specifically to copy the ROMs in the MCB8 system (it's actually pictured in his Reckoner article) and there were no boards in it then. At that time he said that he had lent the boards to someone. Maybe when they never came back, he called them stolen. Maybe he just forgot ...

      Will, this was the time frame when I was working with RCSRI and the weasel to try to find a home for the Burroughs. Might have even been pre-MARCH timeframe?

      Jack

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, William Donzelli <wdonzelli@...> wrote:

      > > I've never heard of a theft in our hobby (since early '00s when I got into
      > > it.)
      >
      > I have heard of a few things that disappeared from various collections
      > (and I will not comment further). I even see theft every year, when
      > someone needs a discount from my hamfest table, when I am not around.
      > I have even caught a few red handed.
      >
      > Anyway, Claude's machine was kept in the house, which did not burn,
      > but who knows - he was not exact Mr. Organization.
      >
      > --
      > Will

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic