28216Re: [midatlanticretro] Connecting modern machines to CBM drives

  • Dave Ross
    Nov 24, 2012
      Jim Brain's stuff is good, and you can expect him to be around to support it. Zoom Floppy is pretty much the standard for reading 15x1 disks on a modern computer.

      - Dave Ross

      On Nov 24, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Richard Cini <rich.cini@...> wrote:

      All --

      Over the holiday I found another stash of disks from the VIC-20 I used when I was a kid. It's been a while since I've archived disks, and I must no longer have the machine I used previously because I had the most devilish time trying to get a regular XM1541 cable working with modern machines (XP and Vista) and OpenCBM/cbm4win and the related GUI utility. It sort of works but not all the time. So, I'm kind of starting from scratch.

      I know that Jim Brain sells a "ZoomFloppy" USB to Serial IEC adapter which looks promising. Does anyone have experience with this adapter? How about other working configurations — any recommendations?

      Thanks!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini