28206Connecting modern machines to CBM drives

  • Richard Cini
    Nov 24, 2012
      All --

      Over the holiday I found another stash of disks from the VIC-20 I used when I was a kid. It's been a while since I've archived disks, and I must no longer have the machine I used previously because I had the most devilish time trying to get a regular XM1541 cable working with modern machines (XP and Vista) and OpenCBM/cbm4win and the related GUI utility. It sort of works but not all the time. So, I'm kind of starting from scratch.

      I know that Jim Brain sells a "ZoomFloppy" USB to Serial IEC adapter which looks promising. Does anyone have experience with this adapter? How about other working configurations — any recommendations?

      Thanks!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini