28165Re: [midatlanticretro] GE SSL-22 LEDs

  • Kyle Owen
    Nov 19, 2012
      On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 11/18/2012 07:52 PM, Kyle Owen wrote:
      > I'm trying to track down some of these GE Solid State Lamp series LEDs
      > that GE produced in the early 1970s. I have a couple of burned out and
      > flaky ones in my Intellec and would like to replace them with genuine
      > parts. The SSL-22 is the one listed in my schematic/part list.

      How do these look for a match? They seem to match the description
      you gave in your other email.

      http://www.neurotica.com/misc/leds-1.jpg

      I have other rare LEDs if these don't match. (I have a bit of an LED
      fetish)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA

      Thanks for checking on that, Dave! I'm on vacation right now, and thus can't access the front panel to the Intellec. However, when I get back, I'll let you know for sure. I think the top one may be it, especially if it's shorter than the "standard" 5mm LEDs of today. It's important that they are shorter, as the top of the LEDs rest right up against the front panel. I do recall it having a lip at the base, so I'd think we can rule the other two out.

      I too have some vintage/uncommon LEDs (namely other GE parts in the TO-18 package, but also some 3-leaded ones in plastic), as well as 2000 infrared LEDs. I'm not sure what I'll do with those yet, but I'm thinking a large infrared illuminator for nighttime vision will be in the works one of these days. A local company that made remotes and other stuff for in-home audio systems was liquidating, and hence, I got a bunch of new stuff at very good prices.

      Kyle
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic