28133Re: [midatlanticretro] Lobo floppy drives

  • Richard Cini
    Nov 16, 2012
      Bill --

      I finished examining and cleaning the interior of the drive enclosure this evening. I took note of the jumpers on both drives — interestingly there were many differences between the jumper settings, other than what would be expected (i.e., the drive select and the termination).

      Here are the jumper settings:

      Drive0: installed — DS1-T1-X-B-A-Z
      Drive1: installed — T2-HL-800-DS2-T3-T4-T5-T6-T1-X-B-A-Z (this drive is at the end of the cable)

      Drive1 also had a drive_ready modification which resulted in pin22 being put on pin4 of the interface connector (jumper R cut; wire from R to pin 4).

      Given this configuration I'm not entirely sure what system this might have been used in since the drives are set so differently. So, I reset the jumpers per the CompuPro Disk 1 instructions and once I build a cable, I can try it on my IMSAI. Overall the drives look very clean and free from excessive dust.

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers

      From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
      Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:46 AM
      To: "midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Lobo floppy drives

      Sorry, I mean jumpers on the drives in the enclosure. Here is an
      example..

      http://vintagecomputer.net/intel/MDS-720/

      Bill