28126Re: [midatlanticretro] Wanted: original IBM PC "green screen" monitor

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Nov 16, 2012
      On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

      On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > My pristine original IBM PC green-phosphor CRT, the one with the SUPER
      > long-persistence phosphor, just took a dive down a flight of stairs. I
      > am pretty upset about that.

      At least it didn't hit you in the head (Hi, Sellam).
      <snip>

      I've done that:

      Alex: I wonder why this power cord is stretched so tightly? (while lying on the floor, re-arranging cables)
      <unplug>
      <BLAM>
      Alex: AIEE (from underneath a 19" CRT, which has fallen on him, from the top of an equipment rack)

      The amazing this is that, not only did I survive, but the monitor did, too, with only a somewhat bent case.

      - Alex
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic