28124Re: [midatlanticretro] Wanted: original IBM PC "green screen" monitor

    Nov 16, 2012
      On 11/16/2012 01:24 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:
      >> My pristine original IBM PC green-phosphor CRT, the one with the SUPER
      >> long-persistence phosphor, just took a dive down a flight of stairs. I
      >> am pretty upset about that.
      >>

      > jeesshh, I can't leave you alone for a minute, slacker ;)

      Man, it was bad. The monitor was in a plastic bin, and was going down
      on the hand truck with two other bins. I lost my footing two steps from
      the bottom and the pile cascaded down. The monitor housing shattered
      and the CRT neck got whacked.

      It's very upsetting, doubly so because I can only blame myself. That
      monitor, and the 5160 it went with, was absolutely *pristine*. I really
      need to find another one.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ