28116Removal Suggestions? - Black Antistatic Residue from the 70's

  • Burning Image
    Nov 16, 2012
      I recently managed to find a NIB computer kit that arrived in today's mail.  After carefully opening it, I noticed the 6800, 6821 and 6811 chips were sitting on pads of black antistatic foam.  Flashing back a couple decades, I thought about an 1861 chip that had its pins eaten by this stuff.

      I managed to get the chips out of the crumbling material, but some of it is still clinging to several pins.  As it already managed to devour the gold plating on some pins, I don't want to apply too much pressure to remove the remaining residue.

      Any suggestions on how to clean the pins?  It doesn't appear to be water soluble.

      TNX!

      Cory - WA3UVV

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic