28073vintage SRAMs self healing

  • Mike
    Nov 12, 2012

      I have been testing some vintage Fairchild 2102 SRAMs and have found that a small percentage of chips that initially fail a pretty comprehensive memory test. However after several reruns of the test, sometimes over several sessions, they all eventually start to pass, and can no longer be made to fail. This is not due to temperature, since in some cases the parts are left for days between test runs. It appears that usage alone is what what causes the chips to "heal". Note that the timing margins of the test setup are extremely generous, so I doubt that the errors would be associated with access speed, changing. Signal quality, power and ground look very good.

      I'm not all that familiar with old SRAM technology, any ideas on what may be going on with these chips?

      Mike W.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic