28067Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: InfoAge still closed / no power

    Nov 11, 2012
      >> Most of Wall Township has power back. InfoAge doesn't. So the museum remains closed.
      > Evan, as I understand it, the problem is that the power substation is flooded. Does that substation only service Infoage (the former Army base might have its own substation)? Or does it service the neighborhood too, and therefore has more priority for repair? The committment to restore power is to home and businesses - Infoage may be considered "neither".

      I don't know any details of how the electricity is arranged at InfoAge.
      But here is the latest update from Fred:

      "The heart of the problem is the fuses are open on a telephone pole by
      Camp Evans. These fuses supply the power to the secondary line to the
      pole with another set of fuses to our main transformer. The JCP&L
      database has the fuse status as closed. When the tech reviews the
      trouble ticket, they close the ticket as the status of the fuses are
      closed. This has happened twice. I just reopened the ticket. The company
      says they should be able to connect us by midnight today. Once we have
      power, we can report the impact of the two storms on our site and
      historic buildings."
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic