28048Re: Correct me if I'm wrong...

  • s100doctor
    Nov 9, 2012
      > I just took a look at your pics again...
      > Is the MITS SIO 88-2 Rev 0 board real? It has a green conforming coat and white silkscreen. I thought the SIO 88-2 had no green coat and black silkscreen, or did MITS switch at some point but didn't change the Rev number. Could it be a Grant Stocky one built with older NOS parts? I know his version has a green coat and white silkscreen to differentiate it from original and to make assembly easier.
      > Cheers,
      > Corey

      I'm not aware that Grant chose green and white to "differentiate" his boards from original. My original MITS boards come in many colors of print and board - including white text on green like the board in discussion. Grant could have marked his boards to clearly identify them - he chose not to.

      has a forum discussion where Grant posts links to some photos of his boards. One such photo link is:

      ..which has an image of his SIO replica. A Web search may find other images, in context where they are identified by origin.

      Herb Johnson
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic