28013OT: Silly Error Messages

  • joshbensadon
    Nov 6, 2012
      I thought I would just throw a question out there for fun.

      What Silly Error Messages have you encountered?

      eg. Press the <Any> key?

      My favorite was on a 286 machine I had long ago. When you started it up with the keyboard unplugged, it would display:

      "KEYBOARD ERROR, PRESS <F1> TO CONTINUE"

      Of course, plugging in a keyboard after the fact would not initialze the keyboard correctly and I had to press the red button.

      I wonder, if I unplugged the video card, would the computer try displaying "DISPLAY ERROR..."?