27917Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Sandy blows hard

  • Ray Sills
    Oct 30, 2012
      On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:40 AM, joshbensadon wrote:

      > HS Sandy made it all the way to Toronto, many trees snapped, many
      > signs fell. One sign in particular hit and killed a woman, not a
      > good sign.
      >
      > I'm sure glad I'm not living near the coast! In one photo, I saw a
      > bunch of flooded trailers, too bad those folks didn't know there
      > would be so much water, otherwise, why else wouldn't they have moved
      > their trailers to higher ground?
      >
      > Best wishes to all.
      > Josh

      HI Josh:

      Sorry to hear about the fatality in your area. Regarding trailers...
      or as sometimes called.. "manufactured homes". Many are not designed
      to be removed from their sites, after initial installation. Not so,
      of course, for RV type homes.

      In my area, Warrington, Bucks County, PA, we did not lose power,
      although the lights blinked several times last night. Not enough to
      make my computer shut down, however. We were very lucky in this
      neighborhood, because many of the towns nearby did lose power.

      The wind was darn noisy last night.

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic