27807Re: [midatlanticretro] EconoRAM VIIA Issues

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Oct 24, 2012
      Are you seeing "garbage" when you get an error or $A6
      when you expect $6A (or vice-versa)? This might clue
      us in to the "level" of the problem. Garbage would
      indicate a complete read or write failure, while the
      reversal error would be more likely to indicate an
      address decode error. I would look very carefully for
      bent pins. I have seen board where the pin was
      crumpled directly beneath the chip, sometimes making
      electrical contact with the socket, sometimes not. I
      don't have time to look at the schematic now, I'll see
      if I can make time at lunch.

      Bill S.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic