27720Fw: An 80386 CPU S-100 Board

    Oct 17, 2012
      Whoa... We don't do 386 but we definitely do S100. :)

      ------Original Message------
      From: monahan@...
      Subject: An 80386 CPU S-100 Board
      Sent: Oct 17, 2012 2:16 AM

      In case you missed it on one of the web postings I would like to mention
      that Andrew Lynch and I have just completed a prototype of a new 80386
      MasterSlave CPU S-100 bus board. This exciting board is capable of reaching
      up to12MHz in an S-100 system with an active terminated bus.

      This is an ongoing project. It utilizes the 16 bit mode of the 80386 to
      address the 16MG of RAM the S-100 bus is capable of addressing. A second
      daughter board system with an overhead ribbon cable connector is planned to
      for daughter board(s) to enlarge the RAM space up to the 4GB the CPU is
      capable of addressing (using high density static and DRAM chips).

      If you would like to read about this board please look here:-
      http:s100computers.comMy%20System%20Pages80386%20Board80386%20CPU%20Boa
      rd.htm
      It is too early to accept "orders" for this board, but if you would like to
      be kept in the loop as this board evolves keep an eye on the above page.

      John Monahan Ph.D
      e-mail: <mailto:monahan@...> monahan@...
      Text: <mailto:monahan@...> monahan@...
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic