27699Re: Museum Report 10/14/2012

  • corey986
    Oct 16, 2012

      I'm glad I could entertain you with lander... It's very addicting. But the first time you land it perfectly it's very satisfying. One of these days I need to hook up an amplifier at the museum to the Cassette Out. It becomes even more entertaining with the audio stuff I added.

      > It was a slow day at the museum on Sunday. No real visitors. Fred was giving a group, that he seemed to know, the quick tour of all of Infoage. They stopped in briefly in the homebrew room where I was at the Apple I reproduction. So I explained them about that. At first one visitor asked if the Apple I replicate was DOS, after which I explained that this was 5 years before MS-DOS.
      > Another visitor was friends with one of the Antique Radio guys and he also was being given the quick tour of Infoage. I did tell him briefly about each of the rooms of computers. He seemed to know about Xerox PARC.
      > I photographed the insides of the MARCH PET so that I can find out which type of motherboard it is. My hope is that I can take the MARCH PET to Bill Degnan’s workshop and at least figure out what the problem is. At most I would hope to get help from others to fix what is wrong. I will see if any of my PETs match the MARCH one and bring that along to have a comparison.
      > Since I was so tired from getting home at 3am from Saturday nights Yankee Playoff game, I spent most of my time playing Lunar Lander on the Apple I replica. I was determined to beat this simple game ! Alas I got down to 5 ft/sec, and I still failed. Everyone said that this was a really tough game, and they were right !
      > Jeff Brace
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic