27684Re: [midatlanticretro] C64 Help

  • Bryan Pope
    Oct 11 8:00 PM
      The 1702 expects the Luma and Chroma to be separate.. The back has 3
      RCA jacks to accept this. Make sure you set the switch in front that is
      behind a small panel on the bottom to "back".

      If you are only getting a black and white picture, maybe the chroma part
      of the wire has a break in it?

      On 10/11/2012 8:54 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
      > I'm trying to get my C64 to output colour on my 1702 Monitor.
      > Searched the web, but can't find the exact answers.
      > The C64 outputs Video, Luminance, Chrominance and Audio through the 8 or 5 pin DIN connector.
      > I am guessing that I have the wrong cable or wrong monitor.
      > I suspect the 1702 Monitor was mainly used with the VIC-20 which didn't supply seperate Luminance/Chroma signals. The cable I have expects the monitor to receive these signals seperately but the 1702 accepts them together in the NTSC format.
      > I guess they can just be combined using a resistor network, anyone have suggested values I should use?
    • Show all 31 messages in this topic