27677Re: Reforming Capacitors: EAI Analog Computer TR-48

  • joshbensadon
    Oct 11, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Matt Patoray <mspatoray@...> wrote:

      > Josh,
      >
      > If they are the multi section cans, if there is room underneath what u can do is just solder new ones below the circuits on a terminal strip, get as close as you can with the capacitance, higher is ok but not too much over. As for voltage go at least 50% higher. If you go that route and use radial caps get 105 degree C ones.
      >
      > This can be treated more like an old radio or tv instead of a computer.
      >
      > Matt

      I've seen pictures where some guys have opened the can, replaced the guts with new caps and resealed it to look original. This will be our last resort, the owner of this computer prefers to keep things as original as possible.
    • Show all 31 messages in this topic