27674RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: Too quiet

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Oct 11, 2012
      Joshbensadon wrote:
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I have been repairing Commodore 64's for the PC shop, and wrapping up
      > my
      > > Visual 1050 project. I have been trying to get CUTTER working again
      > on my
      > > IMSAI. THis weekend I am going to resume the PDP 11/40 project, and
      > get
      > > the 11/05 workspace ready.
      > > bd
      >

      > What is "CUTTER"?

      CUTTER is the Processor Technology ROM monitor. It supports/requires the
      PT VDM display card and the 3P+S parallel/serial card (an ASCII keyboard is
      required to be attached to the primary parallel port). It also supports
      cassette tape storage via the CUTS cassette I/O card but does not require
      it.
      The whole thing together results in a "Subsystem B". Essentially a Sol in
      an S-100 chassis. The manual is here:

      http://www.sol20.org/manuals/img/Subsystem%20B.pdf

      Bill S.
    • Show all 31 messages in this topic