27672Re: DC 100A Tape Belts

  • joshbensadon
    Oct 11, 2012
      Update:

      I received some belts from KEN's ELECTRONIC PARTS, in KALAMAZOO, MI.

      They fit great but don't work perfectly. The belts are 9.5" long, .1" wide but are 0.033" thick! The original belts are only 0.003" thick.

      When the spools are close to each other, the belt start rubbing in the middle (photo available upon request).

      The tape is 140' long. I would guess for the first 20', it works great but at that point, the take up spool has grown more in diameter than the supply has shrunk and the belt starts rubbing.

      It might work if I shrink the tape to 100' (or less?), but I'm not sure what effect this will have on the HP-9825?

      I'm not familiar with the HP-9825, but I believe there is a "Save Machine State" command, but how much tape is required?

      :) Josh
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic