27664Reforming Capacitors: EAI Analog Computer TR-48

  • joshbensadon
    Oct 11, 2012
      Hi,

      I'm still working on the EAI Model TR-48 Analog Computer. I've found stacks of information on Analog Computers, there is much to learn about them. I am guessing this project will take 6 months or more.

      In a few weeks, I'll be testing the power supplies, but I'm concerned about the old capacitor cans. I've done an hour of reading the internet about "Capacitor Reforming".

      Does anyone have any experience or remarks to make about these CAN capacitors from the late 50's or early 60's?

      PS. We still haven't found an exact date for this computer.

      Thanks,
      Josh
    • Show all 31 messages in this topic