27617Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Mitsubishi 2896 8" Drive to PC

  • David Gesswein
    Oct 4, 2012
      On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 09:56:38PM -0500, Kyle Owen wrote:
      > I only have a few 8" that people have dug out from their filing
      > cabinets and bookshelves, and several are either SS,SD or SS,DD. Bummer!

      Good to see it working. You can use a hole punch to make the DS holes in
      the SS disk jacket and it will normally work ok. SD will also normally
      work ok DD. After you write the disk dump it again to see if it has errors.

      If you keep watching you probably can get some at an ok price on ebay.
      Some brands are having oxide shedding problems. Others may know which to
      avoid.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic