27591Apple I power issue was Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Sunday at Maker Faire demontrating the Apple I Mimeo

  • Christian Liendo
    Oct 2, 2012
      From: Mike <mike@...>
      >This is the first time that I have heard of such a problem.  Hopefully it was the power. Can you describe any triggers.

      >The only thing similar that I've seen, is problems with end of line/carriage return handling.  That  was fixed by changing a component to one with a slower set up time.

      The unit would randomly generate a _ character. If you left the unit alone, you would see _ a lot.
      Also the power light would fluctuate, which I thought was odd.

      Yea, I talked with the guys and we agree that a small UPS is the way to go, not only for this but if these was a surge or something, at least the UPS would take the hit. I rather kill a new UPS..
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic