27582Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: DC 100A Tape Belts

  • Mike Hatch
    Oct 2, 2012
      Hi,

      I've had rubber bands work well on 3in floppy drive but the belts in a
      DC100A are very thin, cutting something down would difficult.

      Should anybody want them I have 11 DC100A (2 new sealed, 9 used once,
      all boxed) from a PWS Colt memory tester see -
      http://www.soemtron.org/stockdisposalmisc.html - they are located in the UK.

      Mike.

      On 28/09/2012 02:47, joshbensadon wrote:
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com>, "s100doctor" <hjohnson@...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > But rubber bands of all sizes can be found in various office supply
      > stores. You need one "close" to the length you broke, if it's stretched
      > too far it likely will have too much tension.
      >
      > Thanks Herb, but your advice is worth lots more than 5 cents.
      > If you do have some DC100A tapes, consider them sold.
      >
      > I tried 1 rubber band, about 1/2 the length of the original because it's
      > rubber and streches much more than the original vinal? belts.
      > It didn't stay on the rollers, but that might be because it was a square
      > belt instead of flat. But I will say, for the time it did stay on, it
      > looked very promising! The tape moved smoothly, the tension felt good.
      > I'll find some more flat rubber bands and give them a try when time
      > permits. The flatter, the better, there isn't a lot of space between the
      > reels.
      >
      > I'll also start shopping around at those other places.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Josh

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic