27569Re: [midatlanticretro] Mitsubishi 2896 8" Drive to PC

  • David Gesswein
    Oct 1, 2012
      On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:28:20PM -0500, Kyle Owen wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > Any ideas? Have any other MARCHians been successful hooking this (or a
      > similar) drive up to a modern PC?
      I have gotten an 8" drive to work with a PC. It took some fiddling but
      was long enough that I don't remember exactly what. I was playing
      with the BIOS settings and drive jumpers. If your PC moves the heads
      on startup the 8" drive should do the same. If not check the
      drive select/ready/track 0/step.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic