27568Re: DC 100A Tape Belts

  • joshbensadon
    Oct 1, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Barry L. Kline" <blkline@...> wrote:

      > Another possibility for you would be to consider rubber "O" rings. They
      > don't have the same stretchiness as do rubber bands and that might be to
      > your advantage. I know that these 'O' rings were used in my

      Thanks Barry, I was thinking the same thing. However I would need to slice these O rings into a Flat Belt. The space between the reels is very limited (between 1/16 to 1/8). The original belt is only 0.004" thick. I was thinking to try slicing an O-Ring, carefully with a sharp xacto knife. Might take me a few O-Rings to get it right. Next I was thinking to get a sheet of Rubber, 0.1" thick (desired belt width), and just carve out my own flat belts.

      I just found a flat belt for $4 from someone in Michigan. It's a rubber belt 9.4". I'm hoping it will stretch to 9.58" without putting too much tension on the drive roller. I'll let everyone know next week.

      Cheers and thanks for the great ideas!!!

      Josh
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic