27547Re: DC 100A Tape Belts

  • joshbensadon
    Sep 27, 2012

      > But rubber bands of all sizes can be found in various office supply stores. You need one "close" to the length you broke, if it's stretched too far it likely will have too much tension.

      Thanks Herb, but your advice is worth lots more than 5 cents.
      If you do have some DC100A tapes, consider them sold.

      I tried 1 rubber band, about 1/2 the length of the original because it's rubber and streches much more than the original vinal? belts.
      It didn't stay on the rollers, but that might be because it was a square belt instead of flat. But I will say, for the time it did stay on, it looked very promising! The tape moved smoothly, the tension felt good. I'll find some more flat rubber bands and give them a try when time permits. The flatter, the better, there isn't a lot of space between the reels.

      I'll also start shopping around at those other places.

      Cheers,
      Josh
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic