27534Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Looking for a DSO/MSO

  • Matt Patoray
    Sep 26, 2012
      I'll throw my $.02 in, I'll concur on getting a good name brand scope. I have a Tektronix 7854 with 500 mHz dual trace plug ins. It is a great scope, well built all the way around. I would rather deal with age related issues on a quality scope then quality issues on a new scope.

      If you have never used one there is a great 2 hour tutorial on YouTube from the NJARC.

      Matt

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 26, 2012, at 10:35 PM, joshbensadon <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > On 09/26/2012 05:44 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
      > > So, after being told, for years, that I needed to get an oscilloscope,

      I will have to agree with Dave. I've tried using a digital scope but I just couldn't figure out how to use it the way I wanted to. The screen would flash 100's of different shots, all were accurate but they happened too fast to be of any use. An analog scope would show all those images overlayed on top of each other, the more identical signals would create brighter traces, but it's the light traces that I pay attention to, as these are the pulses that are out of the norm ie of interest.

      Cheers,
      Josh

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic